The Planning for Evacuation course provides the basic knowledge to develop local emergency evacuation and shelter plans and supporting arrangements. This highly interactive one day course focuses upon the legislative requirements, case studies, national guidance, creating a plan, transport planning, communications and humanitarian assistance; all underpinned with group exercises.
Who should attend?
If you are responsible for any aspect of emergency evacuation or shelter planning you need to attend this course. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge to develop local arrangements for any potential evacuation or shelter scenario in the future. The course will explore the various facets involved within this area through discussion and interactive exercises.
Class size: up to 16 delegates
To establish a foundation for the development of a flexible scaleable evacuation framework.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Outline the requirement for evacuation and shelter planning.
- Describe the purposes and stages of evacuation.
- Outline the issues to be considered when developing evacuation plans.
- Describe the sheltering considerations as part of an evacuation.
- Outline the key roles and responsibilities of Responders during an evacuation.
- Outline the contents of a generic evacuation plan.
- Prepare an evacuation communications strategy.
Bringing this training to you:
We believe this training course works best when delivered at your location, on a date and at a time to suit you. This enriches the learning and makes it more directly applicable to your organisation's needs and the particular challenges you face. Therefore, it is only available for delivery as a bespoke package. It will be affordable and good value, so please contact us for more information.