Stardust Nightclub Fire
A fire started at the Stardust nightclub, after an electrical fault ignited flammable materials in a storage room. The fire spread and later caused a flashover which caused mass panic. Many fire exits had been locked shut and the lighting failed which made the situation significantly worse. In total 48 people died and over 200 more were injured.
Santika Night Club went up in flames after a fire started for an unconfirmed reasons, possibly an electrical fault or firewor...
A fire grew out of control at the Mesa Redonda shopping centre (Lima, Peru) where many firework vendors were selling their go...
Your contribution counts
We would love to increase learning from past disasters by adding more examples into our Disaster Database. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions for the disaster database. Thank you.