Joelma High-Rise Building Fire
Joelma Building in Sao Paulo, was a high rise office complex which was furnished throughout with flammable materials. A fire started from a short circuiting A/C unit and spread throughout the building. The situation was made worse as there were no fire exits, alarms or sprinklers and there was only one stair case. This resulted in at least 179 dead, making it one of the deadliest high rise fires in history.
Santika Night Club went up in flames after a fire started for an unconfirmed reasons, possibly an electrical fault or firewor...
A fire grew out of control at the Mesa Redonda shopping centre (Lima, Peru) where many firework vendors were selling their go...
Your contribution counts
We would love to increase learning from past disasters by adding more examples into our Disaster Database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions for the disaster database. Thank you.