Iroquois Theatre Fire
During a performance of Drurt Lane in the Iroquois theatre a fire started when an arc light ignited a curtain. Due to overcrowding, many people were stood blocking exits and in the aisles, so when the fire broke out a rush for the exits caused over 600 people to die mainly caused by asphyxiation in the rush to escape.
Santika Night Club went up in flames after a fire started for an unconfirmed reasons, possibly an electrical fault or firewor...
A fire grew out of control at the Mesa Redonda shopping centre (Lima, Peru) where many firework vendors were selling their go...
Your contribution counts
We would love to increase learning from past disasters by adding more examples into our Disaster Database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions for the disaster database. Thank you.