About this course
Never has it been more important to ensure the safety, security and success of events at sporting venues. If you work in this area, you know that its essential to be one step ahead with training and development.
Working with our wider partners in government and other professional bodies, this course gives up-to-date advice on improving the safety and security of sporting venues for any event.
Ensuring a risk-based approach is a critical activity which is explored and embedded throughout this course. From the public travelling to the venue, enjoying the event and getting home again. The course considers both normal and emergency conditions at every phase to achieve good planning and management, ensuring event success.
To provide delegates with the opportunity to apply integrated safety management to sports grounds.
- Explain the implications of key legislation and guidance in respect of such venues and event
- Apply the concept and rationale of Integrated Safety Management
- Utilise the relationship between risk, safety and security to inform the planning for a variety of venues and events including multi-site situations
- Identify the challenges inherent in achieving effective communication between professionals and with their ‘Public’
- Analyse the human and practical aspects associated with contingency and emergency planning and management at sports grounds and events
- Examine previous events and incidents to identify the lessons to be learned
Who is This Course For?
The course will appeal to anyone involved in planning and managing public safety at sporting venues. For Safety Officers there is a requirement to hold a Level 4 NVQ in Spectator Safety Management. We provide the qualification and a five-day course in support of the knowledge required to obtain the qualification.
- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Course Details & Booking
Class £835 per person
£835 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions