About this course
Emergencies can strike without warning and, during this time, the need to provide shelter and information to evacuees is essential.
Set within the context of the UK’s latest guidance on emergency management, this one-day course is a must for any responder who is involved in the set up and management of facilities to support displaced communities.
Be prepared, be confident and have peace of mind that you can support people who are caught up in an emergency.
Depending on availability, this course will either be delivered using our Connected Learning Suite (CLS) or Microsoft Teams.
To provide delegates with the key information required to set up a Critical Incident Management Team, able to set up and manage a standard rest centre for a period of 24 hours.
- Explain the purpose and layout of a standard rest centre in accordance with key legislation and guidance
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of rest centre staff and explain the procedures for rest centre invocation and close down
- List the contents of a rest centre box and the resources required for 0-24 hours’ worth of rest centre operation
- Explain key rest centre documentation, its purpose and likely organisational lead (Basic Needs Assessments, registration documentation, safety and welfare information, wrist bands etc)
- To identify solutions to potential challenges which may be faced when managing a rest centre
Who is This Course For?
Those who have responsibility for commissioning, setting up and/or managing rest centre facilities for the purpose of emergency response.
Course Details & Booking
Web £295 per person
£295 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions