- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Pre and post event accommodation and meals
- Bed & Breakfast £57.50 exc. VAT
- Dinner £17.50 exc. VAT
- 2 days
- From £3,850 exc. VAT
- Up to 16 delegates
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
Gain a deeper understanding of crowd psychology on this course, as we explain how crowd safety management can impact on crowd experiences and enhance resilience.
Designed for anyone who works within industries dealing with large crowds, from stadia and public event professionals, through to the emergency services, this course examines mass behaviour and psychology in order to enhance positive crowd experiences, alongside maintaining safety, security and effective risk management.
This comprehensive learning experience presents the latest scientific information and logic in crowd psychology, providing event safety professionals with essential core concepts and principles that can easily be transferred to a variety of other areas within the industry.
The course also looks at practical recommendations and guidelines on how to use group psychology to manage safety and enhance resilience within small, medium and large crowd events.
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed at those working with crowds, including: Crowd Safety Managers, Event Organisers, Stadium Managers and Health & Safety Officers. It would also be extremely useful for any individual or company, planning or responding to emergency situations, for example the emergency services, local authorities and many more.
Aim & Objectives
- Understand basic principles of group psychology (norms and identities)
- Distinguish between physical and psychological crowds
- Discuss different psychological responses to situations of crowd density and explain why people often enjoy being in dense crowds
- Evaluate evidence for and against ‘mass panic’ as an explanation for mass emergency behaviour and be able to apply that evidence practically
- Identify the psychology underlying collective resilience in crowds, and explain how crowd safety management practices can inhibit or facilitate it
- Determine the extent to which conflict in crowds arises from the way they are managed
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of communication to create a positive relationship with a crowd and achieve your safety goals
Benefits for Delegates
- Improve your relationship and the interactions you have with your crowds
- Develop a deeper understanding of your crowds and group behaviour
- Gain the ability to work to a clear set of guidelines, enhancing safety and minimising risk
Benefits for Organisations
- Gain a team with comprehensive, up to date knowledge of crowd psychology and behaviour
- Enhance your team's working knowledge of crowd safety management techniques, principles and group psychology concepts
- Help your organisation communicate more effectively with members of the public, alongside understanding and increasing resilience within your events
Select Your Course Type
From £1,095 exc. VAT
Residential £950 per person
£950 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates