Since 2015 the EPC has worked through the British High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria to deliver a series of events in support of the Nigerian Government. Training has taken place both in the UK and in-country.
This work started at the highest strategic levels and is now continuing into a longer-term programme of capacity building in a range of areas.
These have included:
- Training in crisis response doctrine
- Crisis management & counter terrorism response
- National risk management
- Helping to draft national doctrine and embedding it within national structures
- Training of the Nigerian equivalent of the UK COBR with an element of knowledge transfer through ‘Train the Trainer’ input
- Joint Operations Centre training operation and management