About this course
Do you operate at a tactical level? If the answer is yes, this is your opportunity to delve into our decades of experience, as we offer you a definitive view on working as a Tactical Decision Maker and Emergency Responder.
This course is designed to equip Tactical Emergency Managers with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to apply Integrated Emergency Management processes within their own organisation, as well as in multi-responder environments.
Through case studies, group discussion and the insight of our experienced Associates, this hands-on training course really gets under the skin of tactical emergency management – the how. It will also examine how responder organisations at the tactical level have adapted to new challenges such as cyber-attacks and the current COVID-19 pandemic. This is the chance to closely examine the role of those working together to ensure the best possible outcome when disaster strikes.
To equip tactical emergency managers with the knowledge, skills and tools to apply Integrated Emergency Management processes within their own organisation and in multi-responder environments.
- Describe the tactical emergency manager’s role in planning, response and recovery.
- Explain the main elements of current UK Integrated Emergency Management model and their relevance to your role.
- Identify barriers and enablers to collaborative working as a tactical emergency manager.
- Apply Joint Interoperability Principles when managing response or recovery activity.
- Identify the requirement for justifiable and defensible decision-making when managing an emergency scenario and the importance of decision logging.
- Understand the role of social media within emergency management.
- Apply learning in a discussion exercise.
Who is This Course For?
The course is designed for:
- Those working in single-agency settings without access to an internal system of tactical emergency management training.
- Tactical emergency managers who will be working in a multi-agency environment. It will particularly suit members of local authorities and other agencies whose role is to represent their organisation in a Tactical Coordinating Group.
The course content fully correlates with the following Civil Contingencies National Occupational Standards:
- AA1 Work in co-operation with other organisations
- AA2 Share information with other organisations
- AA3 Manage information to support civil protection decision-making
- AG2 Respond to emergencies at the tactical (silver) level
The course content contributes to the following Civil Contingencies NOS:
- AG4 Address the needs of individuals during the initial response to emergencies
- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Course Details & Booking
Class £835 per person
£835 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions