About this course
The stakes are high in a strategic co-ordinating role, it’s imperative to have the knowledge and experience needed to excel. This is the course for you if you want to keep your skills sharp.
Our expert Associates will help you develop the tools you need to succeed, boosting your understanding and confidence on what groups do, how they function and most importantly what ‘good’ looks like.
The course looks at resolving difficulties, dealing with crisis effectively and awareness of upcoming challenges. It will also look at being fully prepared to deal with any crisis ahead.
Alongside discussing and reflecting on the strategic business of multi-agency crisis management, we will help you experiment with learning, delving into in-depth analysis of case studies and exercises.
To prepare delegates for integrated emergency management activity at the local strategic level.
- Interpret the UK’s Civil Protection environment for strategic decision makers.
- Analyse the functions of local strategic level operations according to the UK Concept of Operations.
- Examine the human aspects of emergencies and challenges of working with communities.
- Identify methods of staying effective during periods of increased pressure and uncertainty.
- Apply strategic decision making during an exercise.
Who is This Course For?
The course is primarily designed for those working in organisations, such as Officers of any agency who are liable to represent their agency at a Strategic Co-ordinating Group.
Delegates should have, or be aspiring to have, a role at the local strategic level of emergency management. The challenges presented on the course will appeal to strategic thinkers, even if they have relatively little experience of civil protection.
National Occupational Standards for Civil Contingencies
Fully Correlates: AA1, AA2, AA3, AG1
Contribute Towards: AG4
- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Course Details & Booking
Class £877 per person
£877 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions