About this course
Due to the complex risk environment faced by the UK, managers working at the strategic level across the resilience community, face the prospect of difficult and possibly concurrent challenges. We have developed this short course to support senior leaders from other areas who are supporting their organisation’s emergency management function.
Our expert associates will help you apply your existing senior leadership skills in a resilience setting. The course explains the unique nature of emergency management at the strategic level, gives an overview of the UK-wide process of Integrated Emergency Management, and provides advice on how to apply this when leading a response to or recovery from emergencies and other disruptions.
To prepare delegates for integrated emergency management activity at the strategic level.
- Interpret the Civil Protection environment and its consequences for strategic decision makers
- Analyse the functions of local strategic level operations according to the UK Concept of Operations
- Identify the main strategic challenges of working with communities during emergencies
- Identify methods of staying effective during periods of increased pressure and uncertainty
- Apply decision making techniques during a short strategic-level exercise
Who is This Course For?
This course is primarily for senior leaders from organisations who are adding civil protection to their role in late 2020 but that do not have experience of emergency management. It will also be of benefit for civil protection staff who may be needed to step up to the strategic level, e.g. to deputise for absent colleagues.
Course Details & Booking
Class £295 per person
£295 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions