To develop in elected members a knowledge and understanding of effective disaster management, in order to help them support their council and their communities to best effect.
By the end of this event you will be able to:
- Describe what 'good' looks like in terms of how councils plan for, respond to and recover from disasters;
- Make an informed estimate of your council’s disaster management capability;
- Support your council’s response by accurately and effectively representing your communities;
- Analyse examples of community reaction to disaster;
- Use an informed understanding of disaster management to balance the expectations of your various communities, with particular reference to impact assessment and the recovery phase.
Bringing this training to you:
We believe this training course works best when delivered at your location, on a date and at a time to suit you. This enriches the learning and makes it more directly applicable to your organisation's needs and the particular challenges you face. Therefore, it is only available for delivery as a bespoke package. It will be affordable and good value, so please contact us for more information.