First Aid excellence is having the right tools at the right place at the right time
This course has been designed for managers and senior decision makers who purchase, coordinate, or deliver medical services at crowd events. The course gives you confidence in understanding all aspects of designing, planning, and assuring safe and effective medical resources are implemented at events.
This course will help you understand the key safety legislation that underpins the need for medical provision. You will gain an understanding of the relevant guidance used in planning effective cover levels and how medical provision links to a comprehensive event risk assessment. The course will also support your decision-making in assessing medical planning for an event and understand how medical cover dovetails with the wider event management structure. You will gain knowledge of how medical providers, event organiser and statutory authorities can work together for a safe and successful event.
Who should attend?
- Safety Officers
- Venue Management
- Local Authority Licensing
- Safety Advisory Group Members (including Police, Fire, Ambulance/NHS)
- Event Promoters and Managers
- First Aid and Medical Providers.
To be able to understand the requirements to prepare; plan and manage First Aid and Medical Provision for Events.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess the relevance of key legislation and guidance to those involved with first aid and medical provision at events.
- Describe the planning and risk assessment processes to agree on the level of cover required
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of providers and statutory services in contingency and emergency responses.
- Explain the roles, responsibilities of, and importance of the key interface and communications between key agencies and partners.
Teaching and Learning Methods
This course correlates to the following National Occupational Standards:
- CC AA1 Work in co-operation with other organisations
- CC AA2 Share information with other organisations
- CC AG2 Respond to emergencies at the tactical (silver) level (a number of the elements