Emergencies can strike without warning. During this time, the need to provide shelter and information to those who have been caught up in a major incident is paramount. At a time of great pressure, and as many emergency responders will have experienced, the provision of a rest centre for displaced communities requires careful planning and consideration to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all evacuees.
Set within the wider context of the UK’s latest guidance on Emergency Assistance Centres, this one-day rest centre management course is a must for any responder who is involved in the set up and operation of facilities to support the displaced community during an emergency.
Don’t take chances with your reputation - look after your evacuees’ and book onto this invaluable training course early!
What our customers say:
"I really enjoyed the course and learnt alot. I am new to Rest Centre Management and this was a great introduction for me." Anita Lansdell, Media and Crisis Management
"Great facilitators and a really enjoyable course". Joanne Latham, Lancashire County Council
Who should attend?
Those organisations with a responsibility to commission, set up and / or manage rest centre facilities for the purpose of emergency response.
Class size: up to 10 delegates
To provide delegates with the key information required to set up a Critical Incident Management Team, able to set up and manage a standard rest centre for a period of 24 hours.
By the end of this event you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and layout of a standard rest centre in accordance with key legislation and guidance
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of Rest Centre staff and explain the procedures for rest centre invocation and closedown
- List the contents of a rest centre box and resources required for 0-24 hours’ worth of rest centre operation
- Explain key rest centre documentation, its purpose and likely organisational lead (Basic Needs Assessments, registration documentation, safety and welfare information, wrist bands etc.)
- To identify solutions to potential challenges which may be faced when managing a Rest Centre
Teaching and Learning Methods
Bringing this training to you:
We believe this training course works best when delivered at your location, on a date and at a time to suit you. This enriches the learning and makes it more directly applicable to your organisation's needs and the particular challenges you face. Therefore, it is only available for delivery as a bespoke package. It will be affordable and good value, so please contact us for more information.