We have had a great 2015 and would like to share with you some of our highlights:
This year we have delivered over 480 events to 7,800 people in the UK and 10 countries overseas, and have delivered training to many new clients including: DECC, Whitbread, Network Rail, OFGEM.
We have visited countries around the world either to deliver training, exercises or to provide support; countries include: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and UAE.
Our knowledge centre and public programme of free and low cost events continues to be extremely popular with:
- 313 people attending our seminars
- 1,721 viewers of 23 online ‘in the chair’ interviews
- 14,076 views of 27 downloadable webinars
- Over 800 researchers and delegates visiting our onsite library
- 1,074 downloads from our document centre
- 2,700 downloads of topical publications in our ‘occasional papers’ series
- 1,500 subscribers to our academic journal, the Emergency Management Review
- We launched our institutional standpoint ‘position papers’ towards the end of this year with 138 readers so far.
More and more of you engaged with us across social media channels this year with Twitter followers reaching 1,074 and a total of nearly 400 tweets. LinkedIn has enabled us to reach a wider audience with over 3,500 group and profile followers/members, whilst our ‘Crowd Safety’ sub group has promoted discussions between over 500 industry members.
We have been out and about meeting you at exhibitions and conferences this year aswell. It was great to speak to customers at; The Emergency Services Show in September, the BC Word Expo in November, the Event Production Show in March and Utility Week in April.
The Hawkhills site is also available for organisations and individuals to hire as a conference, training and meeting venue for their own events. In 2015 over 4,000 people attended meetings, conferences, summer schools, social gatherings and even weddings at the Hawkhills!
What to expect in 2016
In 2016 we have 3 new courses planned:
- Supporting People in Emergenices
- Transport and Traffic Management for Events
- First Aid and Medical Provision at Events
We found that some of our courses work better when we bring them out to your venue. So, for 2016, the following courses will be delivered at our client’s own venues:
- Supporting People in Emergencies
- Emergency Shelter & Evacuation Planning
- Managing Your Reputation in a Media Crisis
- Working as a Liaison Officer
- Debriefing Emergencies & Exercises
- Strategic Risk Managment
- Working as a Decision Loggist
Finally, from everyone here at the EPC we would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and thank you for your support throughout 2015.
We look forward to welcoming you to the EPC in 2016!