We have had a successful year at the EPC:
- This year we delivered two topical seminars in Manchester and Glasgow exploring how to manage community cohesion after major terrorist attacks. A combined audience of almost 300 heard from expert speakers and guests covering a wide range of issues and talking about their real life experiences. If you would like us to consider bringing a similar seminar to your region, then please contact us.
- The EPC appointed Martin Fenlon MBCI as Head of Business Continuity and we continued to deliver BC training and consultancy services as a BCI approved partner. Martin was the Business Resilience Manager for the Houses of Parliament and he is also the Lead Auditor for the Business Continuity Institute.
- In December we hosted a very successful Business Continuity Conference for BC professionals in the Public Sector which will now become an annual event.
- The Hawkhills Conference and Events Centre played host to over 5,000 people who attended a range of meetings, conferences, social gatherings, summer schools, weddings and Christmas celebrations at our site!
- We have had the opportunity to network with a lot of our customers at conferences and exhibitions; we were at the BCI World Expo in November and in March we attended the Event Production Show and the Shopping Centre Managers exhibition.
- We became members of the RailAlliance networking group as part of our continued work within the rail sector.
This year we have delivered over 305 events to 3,246 people in the UK and 6 countries overseas.
We have delivered a wide range of 'thought leadership' opportunities and events as follows:
1,525 subscribers read our Emergency Management Review journal
284 people have attended our tought provoking seminars
360 people attended an evening lectures at the EPC
1,921 people viewed our online series of “In the Chair” interviews with subject matter experts
14,990 downloads of our online webinars
Over 650 downloads of discussion articles in our occasional and position papers series
What to expect in 2017
We will be offering organisations an Independent Assurance Review (IAR) of their business continuity arrangements and will award certificates when a business meets the BC requirements. A Business Continuity Masterclass is also on offer to help senior leaders understand the benefits of a robust Business Continuity capability.
We are looking forward to expanding our overseas territories and will be returning to Oman to deliver training and starting a new relationship with clients in Malaysia.
In March, we will be on the government stand at the UK Security and Policing Show and we will look forward to meeting you there.
From everyone at the EPC, we would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year.
We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you in 2017!