Strategy and Looking Forward means beginning to refine our thinking about what we are doing and how we will eventually manage strategic recovery from COVID-19. It won’t be soon, but it’s right to start thinking about it now. It’s been said by many people that this is the great challenge of our time. A great challenge like this is bound to have many, great and far-reaching implications for the shape and nature of the world we will be living after this is over. That’s what this part of our COVID-19 Focus is about.
- The Retail Sector vs COVID-19: Post Lockdown Challenges. This article from the BCI discusses some of the challenges faced by the retail sector post lockdown. Read it here. (30/07/20)
- How COVID-19 Related Remote Working has Changed the Future of Cyber Resilience. This article examines how the sudden (and for some, unplanned) shift to remote working has affected the cyber risk landscape. Read it here. (23/07/20)
- Tracing the Origins of the New Coronavirus. This informative video and article from Euronews follows the scientists looking at the rumours and reality of the origin of COVID-19. Find them here. (10/07/20)
- How Are Our Behaviours Changing in Lockdown? This interesting study from UCL examines some of the main ways people have been adapting to lockdown restrictions and social distancing. Read the article and find out how to get involved here. (01/07/20)
- Delivering Science in a Crisis. This article, written by the US president of the National Academy of Sciences, looks at how lessons from science’s role in the response to the Deepwater Horizon disaster could help in the fight against COVID-19. Read it here. (19/06/20)
- COVID-19 Risks Outlook Report and Challenges and Opportunities in the Post-COVID-19 World Report. The WEF has released two complementary reports looking at the changing risk landscape for the near future and beyond. Read them here and here. (29/05/20)
Should you experience any link issues, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org