- 2 Days
- From £295 exc. VAT
- Up to 60 participants
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
Venue of your choice
From £250 exc. VAT
Bespoke to meet your needs
Flexible delivery style
“If it’s not written down, it didn’t happen!” Log keeping plays a critical role in emergency response and in recovery. Loggists are responsible for ensuring decisions are recorded so that they can be shared to direct activity across responding organisations. Decision logs also are vital for recording decisions made in the heat of the moment, so that after the event, responders can explain what took place and why. Drawing on lessons learnt from numerous events and enquiries, this course will train you to maintain a high-quality decision log during an emergency or recovery operation.
Who is This Course For?
This course is for anyone who is required to keep a decision log in response or recovery. This includes:
- Staff deploying in support of a leader at the scene of an incident
- Individuals working with managers who have been drawn together into an organisations crisis management team
- Civil Servants recording decisions made in Government departments in the UK or beyond
Aim & Objectives
To equip participants with the knowledge and skills to fulfil the role of decision loggist in an emergency response.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the legal and policy context in which the Decision Loggist operates
- Describe the role of the Decision Loggist in an emergency response
- Recognise the key requirements of the decision maker in order to advise on the importance of recording decisions accordingly
- Demonstrate competence as a Decision Loggist in a simulated emergency response exercise
Benefits for Delegates
The role of a Decision Loggist is a demanding one. Frequently under pressure, your responsibility is to accurately record what is decided and why, sometimes in situations where decision makers are struggling to be clear. This course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to establish clarity through accurate log keeping, so that responders understand the decision and so that decisions can be explained after the event.
Benefits for Organisations
Response coordination depends on being able to record and share clear decisions. On return to the workplace, successful delegates will be ready to work at the heart of your organisations response, capturing and recording decisions so that they can be shared – and when needed – used as evidence during post event enquiries.
Select Your Course Type
Online From £295 exc. VAT
From £295 exc. VAT exc. VAT
Up to 60 Participants
Residential £495 per person
£495 exc. VAT
4 - 15 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates