About this course
“If it’s not written down, it didn’t happen!”
Log keeping plays a critical role in emergency response and in recovery.
Loggists are responsible for ensuring decisions are recorded so that they can be shared to direct activity across responding organisations. Decision logs also are vital for recording decisions made in the heat of the moment, so that after the event, responders can explain what took place and why.
Drawing on lessons learnt from numerous events and enquiries, this course will train you to maintain a high-quality decision log during an emergency or recovery operation.
To equip participants with the knowledge and skills to fulfil the role of decision loggist in an emergency response.
- Explain the legal and policy context in which the Decision Loggist operates
- Describe the role of the Decision Loggist in an emergency response
- Recognise the key requirements of the decision maker in order to advise on the importance of recording decisions accordingly
- Demonstrate competence as a Decision Loggist in a simulated emergency response exercise
Who is This Course For?
This course is for anyone who is required to keep a decision log in response or recovery. This includes:
- Staff deploying in support of a leader at the scene of an incident
- Individuals working with managers who have been drawn together into an organisations crisis management team
- Civil Servants recording decisions made in Government departments in the UK or beyond
Course Details & Booking
Class £495 per person
£495 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions