- 1 Day
- From £295 exc. VAT
- 16 - 60 delegates
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (No overnight accommodation provided)
- At a venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
Emergencies can strike without warning and, during this time, the need to provide shelter and information to evacuees is essential.
Set within the context of the UK’s latest guidance on emergency management, this one-day course is a must for any responder who is involved in the set up and management of facilities to support displaced communities.
Be prepared, be confident and have peace of mind that you can support people who are caught up in an emergency.
Who is This Course For?
Those who have responsibility for commissioning, setting up and/or managing rest centre facilities for the purpose of emergency response.
Aim & Objectives
To provide delegates with the key information required to set up a Critical Incident Management Team, able to set up and manage a standard rest centre for a period of 24 hours.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and layout of a standard rest centre in accordance with key legislation and guidance
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of rest centre staff and explain the procedures for rest centre invocation and close down
- List the contents of a rest centre box and the resources required for 0-24 hours’ worth of rest centre operation
- Explain key rest centre documentation, its purpose and likely organisational lead (Basic Needs Assessments, registration documentation, safety and welfare information, wrist bands etc).
- To identify solutions to potential challenges which may be faced when managing a rest centre
Benefits for Delegates
- Understand how to lay out a rest centre
- Identify the key purpose and requirements of a rest centre
- Consider the likely welfare needs of displaced communities arriving to the rest centre
Benefits for Organisations
- Confidence in staff ability to set up a rest centre
- Assurance that staff are trained in rest centre management
- Informed on any further training which may be advantageous when dealing with displaced communities.
Select Your Course Type
Online From £295
From £295 exc. VAT
Up to 60 Participants
Residential £440 per person
£440 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions.