- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Pre and post event accommodation and meals:
- Bed & breakfast at £57.50 exc. VAT
- Dinner at £17.50 exc. VAT
- 2 Days
- From £590 exc. VAT
- 4 - 60 participants
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
- Venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
This course is designed for practitioners who need to work with Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations. Delegates will develop a solid understanding of the regulations and their implications for responder agencies. They will explore the relationship between on-site and off-site COMAH plans and regulatory requirements, before moving on to the ‘how’ of writing and validating multi-agency off-site COMAH plans. COMAH planning will be brought to life for delegates using case studies, table-top exercises and interactive group work, facilitated by a current and highly experienced COMAH practitioner. The course offers a unique insight into COMAH planning and equips delegates with the key tools for writing, assessing and improving single and multi-agency plans.
Who is This Course For?
This course is for:
- Incident Managers who wish to understand the regulatory framework and incident response requirements for a COMAH site.
- Emergency Planners who are working with COMAH sites and responder agencies.
- Exercisers who are wanting to validate and assure their COMAH response plans.
Aim & Objectives
To promote good practice in developing Emergency Plans for COMAH
By the end of this course you will be able to:
Describe the main elements of COMAH regulations and associated requirements
Explain the multi-agency approach required to create effective COMAH plans
Draft COMAH plans
Identify the links between COMAH plans and other emergency planning activities.
Benefits for Delegates
Successful delegates will be able to apply an understanding of:
- The COMAH regulations and their implications for site operators and responder agencies;
- The relationship between COMAH on site (Operator) plans and off site (Multi-Agency Responder) plans; and
- The key features of a Multi-Agency Responder plan for COMAH sites.
In addition, delegates will have had the opportunity to:
- Use case studies, templates and an exercise with peers, so as to be ready to write a Responder plan for a COMAH site; and
- Work with an experienced practitioner and facilitator who is currently responsible for an upper tier COMAH site and has written and exercised on and off-site plans in partnership with responder organisations.
Benefits for Organisations
On return to the workplace successful delegates will be ready to:
- Address the impact of COMAH regulations on the organisation.
- Ensure effective working relationships between local COMAH site operators and emergency planners and/or responders.
- Develop response arrangements with COMAH site operators in advance of responding to an incident.
- Realise opportunities for joint exercising with COMAH site operators.
- Develop your organisations resilience capability in responding to COMAH sites.
Select Your Course Type
Online From £590
From £590 exc. VAT
Up to 60 Participants
Residential £835 per person
£835 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
What Our Customers Say
"Very good and instructive and very well presented."