- 1 or 2 day options
- From £2,750 exc. VAT
- Up to 16 delegates
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (No overnight accommodation provided)
- Venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
In the event of an emergency, your evacuation procedure is paramount and if it’s your responsibility during a major incident, it is vital that you know what’s what.
Our course, written and delivered by experienced Practitioners, helps you to develop your plan of action, focusing on the roles and responsibilities of key responders. The course also covers community needs and how expectations can influence the evacuation process, along with methods of effective communication to ensure a swift and safe outcome.
Set within a friendly and collaborative environment, this course concludes with a short exercise to assure you of your knowledge and give you the confidence to be more effective in your role, having developed the tools required to put in place flexible and scalable evacuation plans.
Who is This Course For?
If you are responsible for any aspect of emergency evacuation or shelter planning this course is an invaluable addition to your training. Due to the broad nature of emergencies the course has a diverse appeal drawing delegates from both the public and private sector.
Aim & Objectives
To provide delegates with a framework to develop the knowledge and tools required to put in place flexible and scalable evacuation plans.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of evacuation planning, set within the context of Integrated Emergency Management
- Describe how risk assessment underpins local level planning for evacuation
- Discuss the importance of understanding human factors and how they can influence the evacuation process
- Outline key considerations relating to communication with the public prior to, during and following an evacuation
- List the key components of a basic evacuation plan
- Identify the specific roles and responsibilities required of responders during an evacuation
- Describe the multi-agency escalation and de-escalation process for evacuation
- Participate in a short exercise to prepare an outline evacuation strategy
Benefits for Delegates
By the end of the course you will be able to explain the purpose of evacuation planning set within the context of Integrated Emergency Management, as well as how risk assessment underpins local level planning for evacuation
You will have discussed the importance of understanding human factors and how they can influence the evacuation process
Outline the key considerations relating to communication with the public prior to, during and following an evacuation and listed the key components of a basic evacuation plan
Benefits for Organisations
Ensure that your company has identified the specific roles and responsibilities required of responders during an evacuation
Know your team can implement the multi-agency escalation and de-escalation process for evacuation
Be assured that your evacuation plan has been tested and reviewed robustly by industry professionals
Select Your Course Type
At Your Venue From £2,750
Venue of your choice
1 or 2 day options
From £2,750 exc. VAT
8 - 16 delegates
Residential £835 per person
£835 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions.
What Our Customers Say
"The trainer was very approachable, confident and extremely knowledgeable in the subject matter. The course was really beneficial to the re-evaluation and designing of current evacuation and shelter planning".
"A very informative and enjoyable course".