About this course
In the event of an emergency, your evacuation procedure is paramount and if it’s your responsibility during a major incident, it is vital that you know what’s what.
Our course, written and delivered by experienced Practitioners, helps you to develop your plan of action, focusing on the roles and responsibilities of key responders. The course also covers community needs and how expectations can influence the evacuation process, along with methods of effective communication to ensure a swift and safe outcome.
Set within a friendly and collaborative environment, this course concludes with a short exercise to assure you of your knowledge and give you the confidence to be more effective in your role, having developed the tools required to put in place flexible and scalable evacuation plans.
To provide delegates with a framework to develop the knowledge and tools required to put in place flexible and scalable evacuation plans.
- Explain the purpose of evacuation planning, set within the context of Integrated Emergency Management
- Describe how risk assessment underpins local level planning for evacuation
- Discuss the importance of understanding human factors and how they can influence the evacuation process
- Outline key considerations relating to communication with the public prior to, during and following an evacuation
- List the key components of a basic evacuation plan
- Identify the specific roles and responsibilities required of responders during an evacuation
- Describe the multi-agency escalation and de-escalation process for evacuation
- Participate in a short exercise to prepare an outline evacuation strategy
Who is This Course For?
If you are responsible for any aspect of emergency evacuation or shelter planning this course is an invaluable addition to your training. Due to the broad nature of emergencies the course has a diverse appeal drawing delegates from both the public and private sector.
- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Course Details & Booking
Class £835 per person
£835 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions