If you are relatively new to the world of design and delivery of exercises, this course is for you, whether you work for your own organisation or as part of a wider multi-agency partnership.
You might have plans in place to deal with emergencies, but are you confident that they will survive the impact of a major incident or disruptive events? The most effective way to confirm that your plans, people and procedures are resilient is by exercising.
This course is designed to help you develop exercising arrangements that will help to validate and improve the plans and processes you have set in place.
Depending on availability, this course will either be delivered using our Connected Learning Suite (CLS) or Microsoft Teams.
Who is This Course For?
This course is particularly suited to Business Continuity and Emergency Planners who have responsibility for developing and/or delivering exercises as a means of reviewing, validating and auditing their organisation’s resilience arrangements.
Aim & Objectives
To provide delegates with the knowledge to exercise crisis or business continuity plans effectively.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of exercising in developing resilience.
- Set an exercise aim and objectives.
- Select the best exercise format for the task.
- Design and develop exercises.
- Manage and facilitate exercises.
- Evaluate outcomes against exercise objectives.
Benefits for Delegates
On successful completion of the course, you will be ready to:
- Apply your knowledge and skills to design and deliver a cost-effective exercising programme for your organisation.
- Use exercising to identify gaps in capability and areas for improvement in a complex and evolving risk environment.
- Build a frame of reference to enable a multi-agency approach to exercising when this is needed.
Benefits for Organisations
On return to the workplace successful delegates will be ready to:
- Design and deliver exercises that enable the validation of emergency/business continuity plans and procedures for your organisation.
- Objectively assess your existing resilience capabilities, balanced against current or future business risk.
- Apply best practice, endorsed by the Cabinet Office, and which reflects the current resilience landscape and meets legislative requirements.
Select Your Course Type
Residential From £835
Face to Face Delivery
From £835 exc. VAT
Online £590 per person
Select your date & click 'Book This Course'
£590 exc. VAT
16 - 60 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates