In the wake of an emergency there is much to learn, but this crucial opportunity can be lost unless you have effective debriefing skills. The right training for those who will lead organisational learning; this highly interactive and task-based workshop covers all of the important debriefing bases.
Learn how to analyse, adapt and move forward, constantly challenging ideas in order to get it right. Whether you are working in a single organisation or multi-agency partnership, this is an opportunity to discuss with experts as well as peers, the requirements of a major event debrief.
Focusing on documenting what went well, what didn’t and what can be done differently are commonly asked questions. When answered and actioned from a professionally developed implementation plan, lessons can truly be learned.
Depending on availability, this course will either be delivered using our Connected Learning Suite (CLS) or Microsoft Teams.
Who is This Course For?
When an emergency happens it’s essential to have a ready and able team, especially during debriefings. The course is designed for a wide range of needs to encompass anyone who has the role of conducting operational, tactical and strategic level debriefing.
This includes practitioners from across the Civil Contingencies Act (CCA) Category 1 and Category 2 responder communities. The course will also be of value to staff from the military, voluntary sector, as well as practitioners from sectors without CCA duties, such as Nuclear sector and Control of Major Accidents and Hazards operators. Practitioners in allied fields such as events planning are also advised to attend.
Remember, it’s not just emergencies that require a debrief, many health and safety incidents and business issues would also benefit from sound debriefing skills.
Aim & Objectives
To equip participants with the knowledge and skills they need to conduct a debrief following an emergency, major or significant incident or an exercise.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of effective debriefing after any emergency, significant incident or exercise
- Evaluate the most appropriate methods for debriefing
- Describe how to convert identified lessons from a debrief into organisational learning
- Plan for and conduct a debrief
Benefits for Delegates
On successful completion of the course, you will be ready to:
- Advise on a debriefing strategy for your organisation
- Debrief teams at any level within your organisation after an exercise, emergency or other event
- Analyse the results of a debriefing in order to drive continuous improvement
Benefits for Organisations
- On return to the workplace successful delegates will be ready to help your organisation learn from planned exercises and events as well as incidents, emergencies and other disruptions.
Select Your Course Type
Residential From £835
Face to Face Delivery
From £835 exc. VAT
Online £295 per person
Select your date & click 'Book This Course'
£295 exc. VAT
16 - 60 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates