- 5 Days
- From £1,475 exc. VAT
- Up to 60 participants
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
- Venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke content to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
The role of a civil protection professional is a complex and demanding one. You are joining the profession in a time of Covid, while the UK faces numerous civil contingencies risks. As an emergency planner, you will face many new challenges: coordinating multiple teams, working with partner agencies, balancing resources and ensuring response and recovery operations are completed successfully are just some of the challenges faced.
So springboard your emergency planning skills with us. We cover everything you need to get a solid grounding in all aspects of civil protection.
You’ll leave the course full of confidence and ready to apply your knowledge of UK Integrated Emergency Management, risk assessment and Business Continuity Management. You’ll also learn how to write and exercise realistic emergency plans.
Become an effective team member in your organisation.
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed primarily at those starting out as civil protection professionals. It is also of value to those simply wanting to develop a formal understanding of UK emergency planning and management operations.
Individuals holding emergency responsibilities across a wide array of industries will find this course an invaluable starting point; including category 1 and 2 responders, military, nuclear, utilities and logistics professionals, as well as other private, public and third sector organisations with a resilience function. Everybody can benefit from a developed understanding of how multi-agency emergency management works in the UK.
This course contributes towards the following National Occupational Standards for Civil Contingencies:
AA1, AA2, AA3, AB1, AC1, AD1, AG4, AH2, AF2, AE1, AE2, AE3, AF1
Aim & Objectives
To provide practitioners working in a Civil Protection environment with a developed understanding and unique working insight into the core skills, structures and processes of multi-agency Integrated Emergency Management within the UK
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the background/context and key features of the Civil Contingencies Act and related legislation
- Describe current civil protection guidance, doctrine and standards including the Integrated Emergency Management (IEM) framework
- Describe and apply the Interoperability framework and key tools contained within JESIP joint doctrine
- Recognise how risk is evaluated and communicated and demonstrate how these are evaluated and applied in local community and single organisation risk registers
- Examine the requirement for emergency and BC planning and describe key methodology
- Identify the role of communities in planning, responding and recovering from incidents (building community resilience)
- Describe the role of exercising in validating people, plans and processes and demonstrate how to build a validation exercise
- Explain the core components of response and recovery, including the skills and structures required to operate in a multi-agency environment
- Describe the role of debriefing in the validation and learn phases of the IEM framework
- Build competence and confidence in your civil protection role by using the knowledge and insight gained from this course
EPC Associates Who Deliver This Course
Benefits for Delegates
This course will give you a thorough grounding in all aspects of integrated emergency management, as well as an introduction to business continuity, so that you can reach the baseline level of a competent resilience practitioner. Through participation in the course you will also be able to identify the additional areas of development you will need in order to become an advanced practitioner in your own workplace.
Benefits for Organisations
Successful delegates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills in the workplace as a competent resilience practitioner.
Select Your Course Type
Online From £1,475
From £1,475 exc. VAT
Up to 60 Participants
Residential £1,950 per person
£1,950 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions.
What Our Customers Say
"Good, clear introduction to the subject. Good amount of detail without being overwhelmed."
"Great course! I will certainly recommend to other colleagues."
"Both trainers delivered excellent presentations. Task and exercises certainly challenged my thought processes."
"This was a most enjoyable course which I felt both Helen and Vince delivered extremely well. They covered a wide range with good depth and level of technical expertise and knowledge."