4 nights' accommodation
Online training materials
- Bed & Breakfast £57.50 exc. VAT
- Dinner £17.50 exc. VAT
- 5 Days
- From £1,475 exc. VAT
- Up to 60 participants
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
- Venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke content to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
The role of a civil protection professional is a complex and demanding one. You are joining the profession in a time of Covid, while the UK faces numerous civil contingencies risks. As an emergency planner, you will face many new challenges: coordinating multiple teams, working with partner agencies, balancing resources and ensuring response and recovery operations are completed successfully are just some of the challenges faced.
So springboard your emergency planning skills with us. We cover everything you need to get a solid grounding in all aspects of civil protection.
You’ll leave the course full of confidence and ready to apply your knowledge of UK Integrated Emergency Management, risk assessment and Business Continuity Management. You’ll also learn how to write and exercise realistic emergency plans.
Become an effective team member in your organisation.
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed primarily at those starting out as civil protection professionals. It is also of value to those simply wanting to develop a formal understanding of UK emergency planning and management operations.
Individuals holding emergency responsibilities across a wide array of industries will find this course an invaluable starting point; including category 1 and 2 responders, military, nuclear, utilities and logistics professionals, as well as other private, public and third sector organisations with a resilience function. Everybody can benefit from a developed understanding of how multi-agency emergency management works in the UK.
This course contributes towards the following National Occupational Standards for Civil Contingencies:
AA1, AA2, AA3, AB1, AC1, AD1, AG4, AH2, AF2, AE1, AE2, AE3, AF1
Aim & Objectives
To give practitioners who are new to the civil protection profession a developed understanding of how multi-agency Integrated Emergency Management (IEM) is delivered across the UK.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the main features of Civil Protection legislation.
- Describe how the process of Integrated Emergency Management (IEM) can be applied at national and local levels.
- Describe the UK civil protection model of risk management and evaluate a community risk register.
- Outline the 10-step cycle for communicating with the public, as outlined within the Civil Contingencies Act.
- Outline the key principles of ‘recovery’, set within the context of civil protection.
- Outline the principles of Business Continuity Management.
- Outline the key considerations of exercise development as a tool for validating emergency plans.
- Design and apply a template to create a generic or specific emergency plan.
- Outline the requirement and challenges of working with communities before, during and after an incident.
- Explain the role and activities of Emergency Assistance Centres during major incidents.
EPC Associates Who Deliver This Course
Benefits for Delegates
This course will give you a thorough grounding in all aspects of integrated emergency management, as well as an introduction to business continuity, so that you can reach the baseline level of a competent resilience practitioner. Through participation in the course you will also be able to identify the additional areas of development you will need in order to become an advanced practitioner in your own workplace.
Benefits for Organisations
Successful delegates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills in the workplace as a competent resilience practitioner.
Select Your Course Type
Online From £1,475
From £1,475 exc. VAT
Up to 60 Participants
Residential £1,950 per person
£1,950 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions.
What Our Customers Say
"Good, clear introduction to the subject. Good amount of detail without being overwhelmed."
"Great course! I will certainly recommend to other colleagues."
"Both trainers delivered excellent presentations. Task and exercises certainly challenged my thought processes."
"This was a most enjoyable course which I felt both Helen and Vince delivered extremely well. They covered a wide range with good depth and level of technical expertise and knowledge."