4 nights' accommodation
Online training materials
- Bed & Breakfast £57.50 exc. VAT
- Dinner £17.50 exc. VAT
- 5 days
- From £8,200 exc. VAT
- Up to 16 delegates
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
- Venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke content to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
Emergencies can strike without warning, leaving little room for error. Coordinating multiple agencies, balancing resources and ensuring response and recovery operations are completed successfully are some of the challenges faced.
In the ever-changing environment of emergency management, a lack of confidence and experience can make the world of civil protection daunting for the unfamiliar.
Springboard your emergency planning skills with us. We cover everything you need to give you a solid grounding in all aspects of emergency preparedness defined in the Civil Contingencies Act.
You’ll leave the course full of confidence and essential knowledge surrounding UK Integrated Emergency Management, risk assessment and Business Continuity Management. You’ll also learn how to write and exercise realistic emergency plans.
Become an effective team member in your organisation.
Who is This Course For?
Whether you’re a newly recruited Emergency Planner, part of a supporting team working alongside emergency management professionals, or simply wanting to develop a formal understanding of UK emergency planning and management operations, this course is for you.
Individuals holding emergency responsibilities across a wide array of industries will find this course an invaluable starting point; from category 1 and 2 responders, military, nuclear, transport and airline professionals, through to any organisation within the private industry. Everybody can benefit from a developed understanding of how multi-agency emergency management works in the UK.
This course contributes towards the following National Occupational Standards for Civil Contingencies:
AA1, AA2, AA3, AB1, AC1, AD1, AG4, AH2, AF2, AE1, AE2, AE3, AF1
Aim & Objectives
To give Practitioners who are new to the business of civil protection a developed understanding of how multi-agency Integrated Emergency Management (IEM) is delivered in the UK.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the main features of Civil Protection legislation and regulations that support integrated emergency management (IEM) with emphasis on the national Concept of Operations and local resilience forum working practices
- Outline the Principles of Business Continuity Management
- Describe the UK civil protection model of risk management and evaluate selected community risk registers as instruments of public communication
- Outline the 10-step cycle for implementing the communicating with the public duty, as outlined within the Civil Contingencies Act
- Design and apply a template to create a generic or specific emergency plan
- Outline the key considerations of exercise development as a tool for validating emergency plans
- Outline the requirement and challenges of working with communities before, during and after an incident
- Explain the role and activities of Emergency Assistance Centres during major incidents
- Outline the key principles of ‘recovery’, set within the context of civil protection
EPC Associates Who Deliver This Course
Benefits for Delegates
- During the course you will be introduced to a broad spectrum of civil protection activities. You will leave prepared with the knowledge and references needed to help you know what is required, to prepare for, respond to and recover from an emergency
- Gain the confidence to fulfill your emergency preparedness role to the best of your ability, whilst supporting others to build resilience within the organisation
- Build your emergency planning network, by meeting like-minded individuals, allowing you to share good practice and experiences
Benefits for Organisations
Give your staff the knowledge and abilities needed to undertake their duties in a professional and confident manner
Build a team that holds a good understanding of how to manage emergencies, underpinned by the Civil Contingencies Act and UK Concept of Operations doctrine
Create a resilient and adaptable workforce who are prepared for the challenges of working within the field of civil protection
Select Your Course Type
At Your Venue From £8,200
Venue of your choice
From £8,200 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Residential £1,950 per person
£1,950 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions.
What Our Customers Say
"Good, clear introduction to the subject. Good amount of detail without being overwhelmed."
"Great course! I will certainly recommend to other colleagues."
"Both trainers delivered excellent presentations. Task and exercises certainly challenged my thought processes."
"This was a most enjoyable course which I felt both Helen and Vince delivered extremely well. They covered a wide range with good depth and level of technical expertise and knowledge."