- 1 Day
- From £295 exc. VAT
- 16 - 60 delegates
- Online training materials
- Access to our support portal
- Non-residential course (no overnight accommodation provided)
- Venue of your choice
- Price on application
- Minimum of 8 delegates
- Bespoke to meet your needs
- All course materials
- Flexible delivery style
- Option to add an exercise
If you are relatively new to the world of design and delivery of exercises, this course is for you, whether you work for your own organisation or as part of a wider multi-agency partnership.
You might have plans in place to deal with emergencies, but are you confident that they will survive the impact of a major incident or disruptive events? The most effective way to confirm that your plans, people and procedures are resilient is by exercising.
This course is designed to help you develop exercising arrangements that will help to validate and improve the plans and processes you have set in place.
Who is This Course For?
This course is particularly suited to Business Continuity and Emergency Planners who have responsibility for developing and/or delivering exercises as a means of reviewing, validating and auditing their organisation’s resilience arrangements.
Aim & Objectives
To provide delegates with the knowledge to exercise crisis or business continuity plans effectively.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of exercising in developing resilience.
- Set an exercise aim and objectives.
- Select the best exercise format for the task.
- Design and develop exercises.
- Manage and facilitate exercises.
- Evaluate outcomes against exercise objectives.
Benefits for Delegates
On successful completion of the course, you will be ready to:
- Apply your knowledge and skills to design and deliver a cost-effective exercising programme for your organisation.
- Use exercising to identify gaps in capability and areas for improvement in a complex and evolving risk environment.
- Build a frame of reference to enable a multi-agency approach to exercising when this is needed.
Benefits for Organisations
On return to the workplace successful delegates will be ready to:
- Design and deliver exercises that enable the validation of emergency/business continuity plans and procedures for your organisation.
- Objectively assess your existing resilience capabilities, balanced against current or future business risk.
- Apply best practice, endorsed by the Cabinet Office, and which reflects the current resilience landscape and meets legislative requirements.
Select Your Course Type
Online From £295
From £295 exc. VAT
Up to 60 Participants
Residential £835 per person
£835 exc. VAT
4 - 16 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions.
What Our Customers Say
"Excellent course. Identified a lot of detail on how to approach exercising to gain maximum learning"
"I feel like I can now go back to my organisation and make a difference in developing training and exercising throughout."
"I really enjoyed the course and found it extremely useful and the content exactly what I was hoping for. We have lots of exercises planned and I will be following your approach."