About this course
Gain a deeper understanding of crowd psychology on this course, as we explain how crowd safety management can impact on crowd experiences and enhance resilience.
Designed for anyone who works within industries dealing with large crowds, from stadia and public event professionals, through to the emergency services, this course examines mass behaviour and psychology in order to enhance positive crowd experiences, alongside maintaining safety, security and effective risk management.
This comprehensive learning experience presents the latest scientific information and logic in crowd psychology, providing event safety professionals with essential core concepts and principles that can easily be transferred to a variety of other areas within the industry.
The course also looks at practical recommendations and guidelines on how to use group psychology to manage safety and enhance resilience within small, medium and large crowd events.
To understand basic principles of group psychology (norms and identities).
- Distinguish between physical and psychological crowds
- Discuss different psychological responses to situations of crowd density and explain why people often enjoy being in dense crowds
- Evaluate evidence for and against ‘mass panic’ as an explanation for mass emergency behaviour and be able to apply that evidence practically
- Identify the psychology underlying collective resilience in crowds, and explain how crowd safety management practices can inhibit or facilitate it
- Determine the extent to which conflict in crowds arises from the way they are managed
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of communication to create a positive relationship with a crowd and achieve your safety goals
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed at those working with crowds, including: Crowd Safety Managers, Event Organisers, Stadium Managers and Health & Safety Officers. It would also be extremely useful for any individual or company, planning or responding to emergency situations, for example the emergency services, local authorities and many more.
- 1 night's accommodation
- Online training materials
Course Details & Booking
Class £950 per person
£950 exc. VAT
Select Your Course Date
Before booking on a course, please read our Terms & Conditions