Expanding on the recent COVID-19 Programme for local resilience forums and partnerships, this session will use discussion and group tasks to facilitate interaction with peers who have a role in meeting the needs of people and communities affected by an emergency.
Using key guidance as a starting point, we will expand on this fascinating area of resilience, providing advice on addressing the challenges faced by resilience practitioners. With insights for sector leads, peers and learning from case studies, join us to position human aspects of emergencies at the centre of your planning, response and recovery.
Who is This Course For?
This course is for any resilience practitioner with an interest in addressing the human aspects of emergency response and recovery.
Aim & Objectives
To introduce key concepts, tools and considerations when managing the human aspects of emergencies and working with civil society.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify common challenges facing people, households and communities during and following an emergency.
- Apply emergency planning guidance and tools in the workplace.
- Through case studies, describe good practice in human aspects management.
- Explain the main elements of community resilience, and the benefits and challenges of partnering with the voluntary and charity sector.
Benefits for Delegates
On successful completion of the course, you will have:
- Enhanced understanding of the human aspects of resilience.
- Built a stronger framework of reference for emergency planning discussions on human aspects.
Benefits for Organisations
On return to the workplace successful delegates will be ready to:
- Apply these insights into the human aspects of emergencies, incorporating them into your organisation’s emergency response and recovery arrangements.
- Improve your organisations ability to meet the requirements of legislation and non-statutory guidelines.
Select Your Course Type
Only Available on CLS From £150 per person
Connected Learning Suite
From £150 per person exc. VAT
16 - 60 delegates
Connected Learning Suite £150 per person
£150 exc. VAT
16 - 60 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
How to Access the Course
This course will be held online via our state-of-the-art Connected Learning Suite (CLS).
Get in Touch
Complete the form below for more information on our training courses at the Hawkhills. We will contact you as soon as possible.