In the wake of an emergency there is much to learn, but in this crucial time information and experience can be lost unless you have effective debriefing skills. The right training and approach is vital to achieve this. This workshop will explore how you can tap into organisational learning, both formal and informal, through good debriefing.
Focusing on documenting what went well, what didn’t go so well and what can be done differently are commonly asked questions. When answered and actioned in a professionally developed implementation plan, lessons can truly be learned.
Aim & Objectives
To equip participants with sufficient knowledge to conduct a debrief following an emergency, significant incident, or exercise.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of effective debriefing after any emergency, significant incident or exercise
- Evaluate the most appropriate methods for debriefing
- Describe how to convert identified lessons from a debrief into organisational learning
- Plan for and conduct a debrief
Benefits for Delegates
On successful completion of the course, you will be ready to:
- Conduct a debrief for your organisation following a crisis or business continuity incident
- Convert lessons identified into lessons learned for your organisation
- Embed effective debriefing into your organisation’s response and recovery capability
Benefits for Organisations
On return to the workplace successful delegates will be ready to:
- Provide assurance that lessons are learnt from incidents through formal and informal debriefing
- Ensure that auditable change has occurred to systems, plans and processes in light of this learning
- Enhance your organisations crisis preparedness
- Meet the requirements of the ‘Learn’ phase of the UK Integrated Emergency Management model
Select Your Course Type
Only Available on CLS From £150 per person
Connected Learning Suite
From £150 per person exc. VAT
16 - 60 delegates
Connected Learning Suite £150 per person
£150 exc. VAT
16 - 60 delegates
Select Your Course Date
Bespoke Enquire for price
Training on this topic, designed and developed to meet your specific needs
Venue of your choice
Enquire for price
Max 200 delegates
How to Access The Course
This course will be held online via our state-of-the-art Connected Learning Suite (CLS).
Get in Touch
Complete the form below for more information on our training courses at the Hawkhills. We will contact you as soon as possible.