Thought leaders of the resilience community
As part of the Cabinet Office Civil Contingencies Secretariat, we are the competent authority on, and natural home of, resilience and civil protection in the UK. We are the thought leaders of the resilience community, as demonstrated by the excellence of our services and training courses, our publications, our long-term partnerships and our programme of free events and services.
- In exercising and testing, we have the proven capacity and skills to deliver the very biggest and most complex of exercises.
- The EPC event and public safety service not only trains and provides consultancy; our staff are out there managing event safety week in and week out.
- Internationally we provide the much respected, definitive UK perspective and way of working across all our disciplines.
- Our business continuity services provide expert training and consultancy to all sectors.
Our capabilities combined present a unique range and depth of ability, expertise and flexibility. Our people are experienced, qualified and gifted practitioners and activists who bring authority and passion to all that we do.
Our professional team includes the following disciplines:
- Exercise design and delivery
- Project management
- Consequence management
- Public safety
- Event management
- Media relations
- Crisis communications
- Civil protection
- Emergency and crisis management
- Business continuity
- Business process re-engineering
- Health and safety
- Risk management
- Enterprise transformation
- Cyber Resilience
EPC staff and associates are members of the following Professional Institutions:
- Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management
- Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development
- Emergency Planning Society
- Business Continuity Institute
- Institute of Risk Management
- International Conference iin Event and Venue Safety
- National Outdoor Events Association
- Institute of Leadership and Management
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- Chartered Management Institute
- The Security Institute
- Institute of Civil Engineers